When the mission is in Advanced Mission Mode, heat is created each time a weapon is fired. Therefore, multiple weapons fired at the same time will bring up the generated heat quickly.
A pilot must decide how to keep a balance between generated heat and the amount of damage that each 'Mech can deliver.
There are a few schools of thought on heat management:
- Don't pull the trigger as often.
- Configure the triggers on the Weapons MFD so that the high-heat-yielding weapons are separated on different triggers.
- Put the powerful punch on a particular trigger and hold that shot until you know it will do the most damage (see Weapons MFD).
- Chain Fire vs. Group Fire on the triggers (see Weapons MFD).
- Learn when to flush, when to let the 'Mech shutdown, and what other factors will cool your 'Mech.
Read Heat Management Concepts and advice from the Veteran Pilots.